I’ve been thinking quite a bit about my goals in life, both long-term and short-term. I know this is partly due to my ongoing job search, but I’m also a person who constantly strives for something greater in life. I know there’s always room for improvement, and this knowledge has often pushed me to better myself and my lot in life. I thought I’d take some time this morning and share some of these aspiration with you today.
- Find a new job. I’ve already written about this at length, and although the search hasn’t gone quite as well as I would like, I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to check this off my list soon.
- Start using the gym. I’m reasonable in-shape, but I have terrible upper-body strength.
- Re-learn Spanish. I took three years worth back in high school, but after years of not using it, I can barely speak or read the language anymore.
- Continue acculturating myself by watching movies, reading books, etc. My Netflix queue is still quite sizable, and I have a small library of 30+ books that I’ve never even read. I need some sort of regimen for going through them, something akin to Julie & Julia.
- Develop and write a novel during NaNoWriMo. Maybe now that I’m done with school I’ll actually be able to do this.
- Advance to Intermediate standing in West Coast Swing.
As I’ve done in the past, I may write updates periodically with my progress on these goals. I’m also curious of other people’s aspirations. What do you hope to accomplish in the next few years?